Confidence is empowering and beautiful. If your confidence could use a boost, use these five tips to make sure you are putting your best face forward.
1. Protect Your Skin
The first way to make sure your face looks its best is to protect your skin. The basics of skin protection include:
- Wear sunscreen every day, even in the winter. Sun damage is can lead to skin cancer which is deadly and on a less serious note, it will give you more wrinkles and sun spots.
- Always wash your face before bed even if you didn’t wear makeup.
- Stay hydrated—your body needs water to stay healthy and your skin is no exception.
- Moisturize. If you don’t have time for a lengthy makeup routine in the morning, moisturizer will protect and rejuvenate your skin. Be sure to apply moisturizer and eye cream before going to bed as well to keep your skin nourished and glowing.
2. Highlight Your Favorite Feature
Heavy makeup can overwhelm your features and cover up your true beauty. Instead of applying a lot of makeup, apply it strategically. Pick your favorite feature and focus on accentuating it. If you have great lips, consider highlighting them with a bold color. If you love your eyes, pick shadow colors that compliment your eye color without being distracting.
3. Perfect Your Routine
Save experiments for evenings and weekends. On weekdays, find a beauty routine that works for you and stick to it. This way, you’ll have to time to both perfect your look and exercise, eat breakfast, or read the news before you rush off to work or drop your kids off at school. Eliminating stress from your life will keep you looking happy and radiant throughout the day, so keep your beauty routine simple.
4. Make the most of your Smile
Smiling makes you feel and look better. Smiling encourages empathy and trust. It also makes you appear more self-assured and approachable. Follow these tips to take care of your smile so you can flash it with confidence. Check out Dentistry Plus for more teeth whitening tips.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year.
- Eat food with lots of calcium to protect and strengthen your teeth.
- Avoid eating sugary food and drinking beverages that are high in sugar.
- Brush and floss your teeth every day.
- Ask your dentist about safe ways to whiten your teeth.
5. Get Enough Sleep
Getting enough sleep is one of the most important parts of your beauty routine. Sleep is essential for your overall health, but it is also essential for those who want to look their best. Being well rested leaves you looking refreshed and happy. When you are exhausted, it shows on your face.
If you are short on sleep occasionally, fake a rested look by using a tiny bit of white shadow in the inner corners of your eyes. This will brighten your eyes and make you look more awake. Use these five tips to make sure you look your best when you head out into the world with confidence.