Popularly known as the Mango passion fruit roulade, this fruit filled dessert is mind-boggling. This gluten free, low fat dessert is made for those who want to avoid gluten and fats but still eat tons of mangoes or any other fruit in dessert form. You can replace this recipe with any fruit you prefer.
Ingredients for the dessert: –
- 175 grams of caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (Only use the whites)
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar (malt)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or extract
- Little icing sugar for dusting
- a large mango, diced and peeled
- 4 passion fruits, use only the pulp
- Raspberry sauce to serve
Step by step guide to make the roulade: –
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees.
2. Take a Swiss roll baking tin and use non-stick parchment paper to line it.
3. Now, take a big bowl and beat the eggs with an electric whisk until and unless it becomes frothy and thick. Gradually add in the sugar and keep whisking.
4. Put in the cornflour, malt vinegar and the vanilla essence or extract in the egg whites mixture and keep whisking with the electric whisk. Keep it on medium speed.
5. Remove this mixture off the electric whisk and check if it has blended in well.
6. Put the mixture in the tin and make sure it is set in a proper level. Bake this for about 30 minutes till you notice the surface is firm and the skewer comes out clean
7. Now, once you remove this baked roulade from the oven, cover it up with a grease proof paper for about 10 to 20 minutes.
8. Take another sheet of the grease proof paper and dust it with icing sugar. Now turn the meringue on the sugar dusted paper.
9. Remove the lining paper and use little yogurt to spread all over the meringue. Scatter the topping with little chopped pieces of mango and passion fruit.
10. Use paper to roll up the roulade from a short end. Now sift a little bit of icing sugar on the top if you want. You can decorate it with another fruit or little chocolate. Make sure you serve it with raspberry sauce.
If you want to know how to make the Raspberry Sauce, then here is the easy recipe: –
Things you need: –
- 2 pints of fresh raspberries
- ½ cup of water
- 3/4th cup of sugar (you can put less sugar if you like)
- 2 tablespoons of corn-starch
Crush all the raspberries in water on the gas in a saucepan. Keep this on medium flame. Now add the sugar and corn starch to this mixture. Let it boil well and continuously keep stirring. Reduce the heat and let it boil till bubbles are formed for 5 minutes. Let it cool down a little bit and put it in the strainer to get the sauce.
We hope you liked this healthy fruit filled recipe. Whenever you send a basket of fruit to your friend or family member, make sure to add in raspberries and mangoes.