Everyone nowadays wants to have a trimmed body and lose excess weight because sadly, the society judges a book by its cover. As the media portrays skinny women as beautiful and men with six packs as sexy, people in general feel insecure and wish to lose weight quickly in order to fit in the stereotype. For this purpose, many consult a personal traineror nutritionist. However, there are a few facts about weight loss that a nutritionist generally does not share with the client. These facts are described below for your information.
- In contrast to what your nutritionist might tell you about crash diets and plans, you actually need to eat more food in order to lose more weight. If you eat a very small, insufficient amount of food daily, your body believes that you are starving, and therefore works to conserve energy instead of burning it. Consequently your metabolism slows down. The fact of the matter is that in order to lose weight, your body must be able to burn more fat in order to produce energy. For that, you don’t have to eat several meals in a day, in fact you just need to make sure that you don’t go too long on an empty stomach and that you don’t skip breakfast. Besides that, eating frequently avoids binge eating, keeps energy high and maintains your blood sugar level.
- The same diet plan will have different effects on different body types. The genetic system of humans is very complex and there are great chances of variations in each new born. This accounts for the distinct glandular, metabolic and genetic make-up of each body. Different body types store fats in different body parts, and these bodies lose weight differently as well. As a result, different body types require different diet plans and exercise routines in order to effectively lose weight. The important thing is to identify your body type and then seek a diet plan to suit your body.
- Stress, hormonal fluctuations and daily routines affect weight loss. The protein messengers that are responsible for carrying out bodily functions are called hormones. The hormonal levels in body fluctuate due to a variety of conditions such as stress, inadequate rest, and lack of exercise and so on. All these hormones in turn affect weight. Hormones have individual jobs that can influence weight loss, decrease appetite and improve metabolism. So in order to lose weight you need to avoid taking too much stress and maintain proper hormonal levels by getting adequate sleep.
- Eating too much fruit can prevent weight loss. Fruits have approximately three times more calories per serving than vegetables. So you might end up consuming too many fruit calories and thereby, preventing weight loss. Generally, nutritionists encourage the intake of fruits; however, the clients fail to recognize the fact that eating too much of it can also accumulate calories in the body. Fresh and frozen fruits should be recommended compared to juices and dried fruits that have greater sugar content.
- Raw vegetables are best for weight loss. Meals that are based on raw vegetables only eliminate cholesterol and reduce sodium. Raw vegetables have a high water content which reduces the caloric density of the meal. The higher volume of vegetables leads to a feeling of contentment, so you do not find yourself craving for fatty foods. You can add spices to these raw vegetables to enhance their taste. Since you need to sustain the diet plan; therefore, it is advisable that you use blenders and food processors to prepare your meals.
- Eating late at night does not affect your weight. The body constantly needs calories as fuel to carry out basic body functions such as hormone replacement, growth and repair of cells, breathing etc. Since these processes are also being carried out in your sleep, so you are burning calories at night as well. However, in order to burn calories, you need to provide your body with calories. This you can do by enjoying a light meal at night. Avoid eating junk food or fatty foods.
- Fidgeting helps to burn calories. Whether you lose weight or gain some, it depends entirely on the number of calories consumed and burnt during the day. Every movement of the body burns calories. Whether you pace while you wait for the bus, wiggle your chairs or twist and fiddle when you stand in a line, each movement counts. So overall, those who fidget tend to lose more weight.
Paige Forster is a known personal trainer Malibu residents often hire. He has thirteen years of experience in the field and has enjoyed the company of many highly recommended nutritionists. This accounts for his inexplicable knowledge of the effects of food on different types of bodies.